A1 - Beginner Level (English)
Present simple : first person singular

Here you are Present simple : first person singular and some examples

The simple present tense is the one which we use when an action is happening right now, or when it happens regularly (or unceasingly, which is why it’s sometimes called present indefinite). The simple present tense is formed by using the root form or by adding ‑s or ‑es to the end, depending on the person.

Regular Verbs

In present tense, regular verbs use the root form, except for third person singular (which ends in ‑s).

First person singular: I write
Second person singular: You write
Third person singular: He/she/it writes (note the ‑s)
First person plural: We write
Second person plural: You write
Third person plural: They write
I write grammar books.
This sentence implies that I write grammar books on a regular basis, perhaps as a career.

Anna writes the letter.

Message: Here you are Present simple : first person singular and some examples The simple present tense is the one which we use when an action is happening right now, or when it happens regularly (or unceasingly, which is why it’s sometimes called present indefinite). The simple present tense is formed by using the root form or by adding ‑s or ‑es to the end, depending on the person. Regular Verbs In present tense, regular verbs use the root form, except for third person singular (which ends in ‑s). First person singular: I write Second person singular: You write Third person singular: He/she/it writes (note the ‑s) First person plural: We write Second person plural: You write Third person plural: They write I write grammar books. This sentence implies that I write grammar books on a regular basis, perhaps as a career. Anna writes the letter.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft