A1 - Beginner Level (English)
English nouns

English Nouns
Learning the English Nouns displayed below is vital to the language. English nouns are words used to name a person, animal, place, thing, or abstract ideas. Nouns are usually the most important part of vocabulary.

A noun is a word talking about a person, a thing or an abstract idea. A noun can also answer the question of "who or what".

Who lives in the house? - David, (David = Noun), also house is a Noun.

What do you have in your hand? - A book (Book = Noun), also hand is a Noun.

These also are nouns, example: cat, dog, milk, brother, county, pen.

There are different types of nouns:

Abstract nouns: freedom, friendship, idea ... (you can't see them so they're called abstract).

Common nouns: man, woman, mouse, school, paper... (Talking about people, places, and things)

Gerunds: you can change a verb to become a noun when you add “ing” to the end of the verb, “speak” is a verb, speak + ing = speaking (noun). I like to write (verb), I like writing (noun).

Examples: go => going, live => living, drive => driving.

Nouns are 2 types, countable, and uncountable, Countable is used for things that you can count (one banana, a spoon, an orange), you can say one banana, two bananas, three bananas, so that means that banana is a countable noun.

Uncountable is when you cannot count the noun, milk for example is uncountable, because it is a liquid. You cannot say “one milk”, “two milks” ... so that means milk is uncountable, that means you can only say: milk, some milk, a lot of milk ...etc. If you want to use countable expressions to uncountable words then put a countable noun before it, for example you can say: I want 2 cups of milk (cups are countable, you can use it before milk), you cannot say "two milks".

Plural Nouns

A singular noun means a noun referring to one person, one thing or one place …, if you want to refer to more than one person, thing or place, you need to use the plural.

If you have (one pen + one pen), then you cannot say “I have 2 pen”, you have to use the plural, and say “I have 2 pens”, you see that we added “s” to the end of “pen”.

Other examples: House => houses, one computer => two computers, a friend => some friends, my sister => my sisters.

English is very easy when you want to use the plural, most of the time you just need to add “s” at the end.

But you need to know that if the end of a word in singular is (-ch, -x, -s, -sh, z) you will have to add “es” not only “s”, for example: one church = two churches, fox => foxes, kiss => kisses …

English Nouns Learning the English Nouns displayed below is vital to the language. English nouns are words used to name a person, animal, place, thing, or abstract ideas. Nouns are usually the most important part of vocabulary. A noun is a word talking about a person, a thing or an abstract idea. A noun can also answer the question of "who or what". Who lives in the house? - David, (David = Noun), also house is a Noun. What do you have in your hand? - A book (Book = Noun), also hand is a Noun. These also are nouns, example: cat, dog, milk, brother, county, pen. There are different types of nouns: Abstract nouns: freedom, friendship, idea ... (you can't see them so they're called abstract). Common nouns: man, woman, mouse, school, paper... (Talking about people, places, and things) Gerunds: you can change a verb to become a noun when you add “ing” to the end of the verb, “speak” is a verb, speak + ing = speaking (noun). I like to write (verb), I like writing (noun). Examples: go => going, live => living, drive => driving. Nouns are 2 types, countable, and uncountable, Countable is used for things that you can count (one banana, a spoon, an orange), you can say one banana, two bananas, three bananas, so that means that banana is a countable noun. Uncountable is when you cannot count the noun, milk for example is uncountable, because it is a liquid. You cannot say “one milk”, “two milks” ... so that means milk is uncountable, that means you can only say: milk, some milk, a lot of milk ...etc. If you want to use countable expressions to uncountable words then put a countable noun before it, for example you can say: I want 2 cups of milk (cups are countable, you can use it before milk), you cannot say "two milks". Plural Nouns A singular noun means a noun referring to one person, one thing or one place …, if you want to refer to more than one person, thing or place, you need to use the plural. If you have (one pen + one pen), then you cannot say “I have 2 pen”, you have to use the plural, and say “I have 2 pens”, you see that we added “s” to the end of “pen”. Other examples: House => houses, one computer => two computers, a friend => some friends, my sister => my sisters. English is very easy when you want to use the plural, most of the time you just need to add “s” at the end. But you need to know that if the end of a word in singular is (-ch, -x, -s, -sh, z) you will have to add “es” not only “s”, for example: one church = two churches, fox => foxes, kiss => kisses …
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft