B2 Upper-intermediate (English)
Me too, So do I, So am I

Me too, So do I, So am I.
Those are used as short statements to show we share the same (positive)circumstances with the
previous statement.
If there is "be" (am/is/are) in the sentence, you should reply with "so am I".
If there is verb without 'be verb' in the sentence, you should use "so do I".
I am tired. - Me too. (auxiliary - the verb "to be" )

• So am I. I ate too much. - Me too. (auxiliary - did) - So did I. I' ve got new shoes. - Me too. (auxiliary - have) - So have I. I want to eat. - Me too. (auxiliary - do) - So do I. . If the sentences were negative, then we would use neither/nor. . I am not tired. - Me neither. - Neither/Nor am I. . You can also take the approach elegant: . I am hungry - As am I. He already ate - As did I. . Try To Make Example Sentences.
Me too, So do I, So am I. . Those are used as short statements to show we share the same (positive)circumstances with the previous statement. . If there is "be" (am/is/are) in the sentence, you should reply with "so am I". . If there is verb without 'be verb' in the sentence, you should use "so do I". . I am tired. - Me too. (auxiliary - the verb "to be" ) - So am I. I ate too much. - Me too. (auxiliary - did) - So did I. I' ve got new shoes. - Me too. (auxiliary - have) - So have I. I want to eat. - Me too. (auxiliary - do) - So do I. . If the sentences were negative, then we would use neither/nor. . I am not tired. - Me neither. - Neither/Nor am I. . You can also take the approach elegant: . I am hungry - As am I. He already ate - As did I. . Try To Make Example Sentences.

www.englishforlife.mk / Contact: 00389 71 989 903

live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft